Wireless Emergency Alerts
Comtech’s fully integrated end-to-end Wireless Emergency Alert (WEA) solution is trusted by the world’s leading alert originators, authorities, and mobile network operators.
WEA is a system that enables authorized officials to inform the public about life-threatening events by connecting emergency mobile alert systems to the government alert gateway.
Our patented technology facilitates the origination and accurate delivery of geo-targeted emergency alerts, empowering emergency services providers to better serve the public.
Mobile Network Operators can quickly broadcast emergency alerts to all devices in a specific geographical area. Our solution fully complies with ATIS and 3GPP standards.
Components of Our WEA Solution
Commercial Mobile Service Provider (CMSP) Gateway: A secure, concentrated point of access to the Federal Alert Gateway and potentially to other future external entities, third parties, or value-added service providers.
Cell Broadcast Center (CBC): Component that maps alert areas into appropriate wireless network coverage and facilitates alert delivery via cellular networks (2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G).
Operation Graphical User Interface (GUI): Comprehensive element management system to facilitate operations, administration, and maintenance for both the CMSP Gateway and the CBC.
Standard Interface Compliance: CTAS is fully compliant with ATIS and 3GPP specifications, enabling standard connectivity between the IPAWS’s Federal Alert Gateway, and mobile network operators’ radio access networks.
- Tier-1 carrier grade
- 99.999% uptime
- Zero downtime upgrade
- Full local redundancy
- Multiple sites geo redundancy
- Comprehensive GUI-based test tool to test each RAN element
- Comprehensive logging/reporting tool ready for FCC/FEMA eventual audit
- Consolidated alert report per alert via email or GUI
- RF shapefile processing for advanced geo-targeting
- Commercial cell broadcast capability for monetization possibility
- Precise geo-targeting with sub-cell based (polygon, circle) targeting based on RF-coverage data shapefiles
- Cell coverage and impacted alert target area viewing
Interoperability with Network Equipment Providers
- Proven interoperability with MSCs, BSCs, RNCs, MMEs, AMFs, and NRFs from multiple core network vendors
- Support for all radio technologies (2G, 3G, 4G/LTE, 5G
- Support all Comtech applications on shared resources and common O&M GUIs
- Cloud-native architecture
- Containerized application modules
- Private cloud/public cloud deployment models support
- OpenStack and VMWare compliant
- ETSI NFV standards-based
- Comprehensive element management system (administration, dashboard for KPIs, troubleshooting, provisioning, alert management- search, test alerts)
World Class Customer Service
- Easy deployment for tier-2 and tier-3 mobile network operators
- In-network or hosted in modern data centers
- 24x, 7x, 365 operational support
- Access control, role-based permissions
- Spam prevention, encryption
- Denial of service attack mitigation
- Proactive penetration testing
- FEMA-certified in US
- Multi-channel alert delivery
- Automated processing of cell site data changes
- Reduced risk and implementation costs
- Rapid implementation of WEA on your network
- Easy handling of requirements specified by local regulators
- Supports all RAN types
- Flexible deployment, operations, and business models as per the providers’ requirements
- Reduces cost of CAPEX and OPEX
- Support for alerts in multiple languages
- Enterprise and carrier grade
- Flexibility for various message handling scenarios
- Assured interoperability with centralized government alert gateway such as FEMA Gateway for the US and Pelmorex NAADS for Canada