Messaging Products from Comtech Location Technologies
Messaging Products from Comtech Location Technologies
Why Choose Comtech for SMSC?
Multiple Solutions in One Product
Our product includes SS7, SIP, and SMPP intra- and inter-carrier SMS delivery solutions.
Our product works with all core network components based on standards defined by the IETF, 3GPP, and 3GPP2 standard committees.
Scalable to Meet Your Needs
Our SMSC is extensible and geographically redundant with 99.999% reliability. Flexible private, public, or hybrid cloud deployment options available.
- Enhance your messaging service offerings
- Increase subscriber loyalty and customer satisfaction
- Minimize CAPEX/OPEX
Short Messaging Service Center (SMSC) from Comtech Location Technologies
SMS is an essential service for consumers and enterprises alike enabling multiple revenue-generating use cases.
Our SMSC enables common use cases including Person-to-Person text messaging, Application-to-Person, Machine-to-Machine/IOT, and various other advanced applications.
SMSC is a virtualized, compact, high-capacity, multiprotocol SMS delivery application with flexible private, public, or hybrid cloud deployments using Openstack. SMSC future-proofs your investment as your network continues to evolve to a full TCP/IP architecture.
It works with multiple network technologies, including, CDMA (3GPP2), TDMA, GSM (3GPP), UMTS, LTE, and 5G delivery of SMS. It also features built-in IP messaging, enabling single-box support for legacy networks, IMS (SIP), and LTE (DIAMETER). Our product supports machine-type communication and IoT applications and is integrated with Comtech Telecommunications VAS.
Services Supported by Comtech SMSC
- Enhanced Messaging Services
- Prepaid SMS
- Premium messaging events
- Embedded promotions
- Usage controls
- Message archiving
- Personalized messaging features
- Spam filtering and anti-spoofing features
- Duplicate message handling
Why Choose Comtech as Your WEA Solution?
- FEMA-certified in US
- Multi-channel alert delivery
- Automated processing of cell site data changes
- Reduced risk and implementation costs
- Rapid implementation of WEA on your network
- Easy handling of requirements specified by local regulators
- Supports all RAN types
- Flexible deployment, operations, and business models as per the providers’ requirements
- Reduces cost of CAPEX and OPEX
- Support for alerts in multiple languages
- Enterprise and carrier grade
- Flexibility for various message handling scenarios
- Assured interoperability with centralized government alert gateway such as FEMA Gateway for the US and Pelmorex NAADS for Canada
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) from Comtech Location Technologies
We offer a fully integrated end-to-end WEA/CMAS solution trusted by alert originators, authorities, and Mobile Network Operators.
Wireless Emergency Alerts, or WEA (also known as Commercial Mobile Alerts System (CMAS) in the US), is a government-mandated system that enables authorized officials to inform the public about life-threatening events by automatically delivering emergency alerts to mobile devices (including roaming users) via the government alert gateway.
Our patented technology facilitates the origination and accurate delivery of geo-targeted emergency alerts, empowering emergency services providers to better serve the public. Mobile Network Operators are able to quickly broadcast emergency alerts to all devices in a specific geographical area. Our solution uses standardized infrastructure, ensuring compliance with government regulations.
Components of Our WEA Solution
Commercial Mobile Service Provider (CMSP) Gateway
A secure, concentrated point of access to the Federal Alert Gateway and potentially to other future external entities, third parties, or value-added service providers.
Cell Broadcast Center (CBC)
Component that maps alert areas into appropriate network coverage and facilitates alert delivery via cellular networks (2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G).
Comprehensive element management system to facilitate operations, administration, and maintenance for both the CMSP Gateway and the Cell Broadcast Center.
Features of Comtech WEA
Carrier Interface Compliance
- Fully compliant with “C” interface message scenarios and protocol per JCMAS standards (ATIS/TIA Joint J-STD-101)
- Alert delivery via geo-targeted SMS and Email (beyond cell broadcast)
- Test tool to issue targeted alerts
- Cell site data import tool
Interoperability With Network Equipment Providers
- Proven interoperability with BSCs, RNCs and MMEs from multiple core network vendors
- County, sub-county and polygon schemes
- Unique ability to utilize RF coverage data for enhanced geo-targeting to provide best approximation of alert polygon issued by the alert originator
Support for all radio technologies
- GSM (3GPP 23.041)
- CDMA (IS-824 and IS-637)
- UMTS (3GPP 25.419)
- LTE (3GPP 29.168) • 5G (3GPP 38.401)
- Message prioritization
- Flow control
World Class Customer Service
- Easy deployment for tier-2 and tier-3 mobile operators
- In-network or hosted in modern data centers
- 24x7x365 operational support
Comprehensive Element Management System
- Dashboard for KPIs
- Provisioning (WEA elements, network connections, zone definition)
- Alert management (search, test alerts)
- Comprehensive reports on volume, uptime, delivery rates and throughput
- Access control, role-based permissions
- Spam prevention, encryption
- Denial of service attack mitigation
- Proactive penetration testing