Special Purpose Solid State Drives
The combination of the best commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) technology and proven military hardened design techniques adds up to the most rugged and durable solid-state disks available.
- Rugged Anodized Aluminum Case
- Rigid >1mm thick Printed Circuit Board mounted by 8 screws
- Underfill on all Ball Grid Arrays
- Industrial temperature SLC NAND Flash
- Secure Erase with Configurable Erase Pins
- Optional Conformal Coating and Gel-Fill
- High Reliability Tin-Lead Solder (SnPb63)
- Highest levels of Shock and Vibration resistance in the COTS industry, independently verified through Mil-STD-810 testing
- High data retention and write endurance over a wide temperature range to ensure your data is there when you need it
- Fast sanitization of confidential data with the ability to emulate legacy SSD drives
- Extreme moisture, shock and vibration resistance
- Long-term Reliability with no concern about “tin whiskers”
Comtech productions SSDs support PATA, mSATA, SlimSATA, SATA II/III, and PCIe interfaces to support customer requirements. Please contact us for custom interface requirements.
- Form factors supported in production SSDs are:
- 2.5” – fits standard 2.5 inch drive bay
- mSATA – utilizes mSATA socket typically located on motherboard,
- SlimSATA – utilizes standard SATA connector
- M.2 – utilizes M.2 socket typically located on motherboard
Various secure erase options are offered:
- Fast Erase (Security Erase Unit)
- DOD 5220.22-M
- DOD 5220.22- M Sup1
- NSA 130-2
- ARMY AR380-19
- Navy NAVSO P-5239-26
- Air Force AFSSI-5020
- NSA 9-12
- RCC-TG IRIG 106-07
Triton Series drives also offer Opal AES256 compliant disk encryption.
Comtech SSD drives are developed and independently tested to stringent criteria.
- High Altitude: Operation at 80,000 feet
- Mechanical Shock:
- Operation ─ 40G@ 11ms, 3x in 6 direction
- Fragility ─ 1,500G@ 0.5ms, 3x in 6 directions
- Random Vibration: Operating ─ 16Grms, 20Hz to 2KHz, 1 hour per axis, 3 axes
- Temperature Shock: -40°C to +85°C, 10 cycles
- Silicone Gel Fill Polymer encapsulates PCB assembly to provide immersion resistance and resist mechanical shock and dynamic vibration.
- Conformal Coating ─ Thin film of silicone elastomer provides additional moisture resistance.
- Component Staking ─ Epoxy anchors components to increase resistance to shock and vibration.